Saturday, March 17, 2012

Blessings

1 Chronicles 4:10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil , that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested.

I worked 3 days last week. That's a blessing. When people asked me how I'm doing, I usually said "Better than I was doing last week." I'm trying to look at the positives. I'm really good at looking at negatives and complaining. Scrapping the negativity and complaints is one of my goals.

I went to the doctor Thursday. He said I will be able to live a normal life once I get on my medicine. The caveat is my medication comes in shot form. And I, girl who doesn't get along well with needles, has to give herself the shot every other day. On the positive side, I have been a big girl with my allergies with a shot in each arm twice a week.

But my mistake came in researching the Betaseron. I found a good site for MSers and it has a message board. So last night, after a day at school and the fatigue kicking in, I decided to read the message board section on medicine. It's taken me awhile today to get over the state of mild panic reading all those posts put me in. I now know all about all the side effects I can suffer from.

As I write this, I am remembering something I told my mom on the way home from the visit with Dr. J before my MRI. I have thought about this before, but it is really important to remember now. My family, immediate and extended has been very blessed. While I was in the hospital, I kept thinking about all those people who don't have family to stay with them and care for them while they are sick.

One of the big ways I've been blessed in all of this is my family. My parents have three children these days- my brother and I and my daughter. At my low point in the hospital, my mother had to feed me because I could barely see the food to feed myself. Since they're cut from the same cloth, my brother entertains Trixie. I'm not quite up to driving yet, so my father takes Isabella and me to and from daycare. I even spent two mornings of convalesce with my 80 year old grandfather at his house. I could go on, but it's kinda embarrassing. I could not go through this without my family. I am so blessed that God saw fit to send my stork to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment